Responsible investment considers how environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) issues impact the firm, the companies in which ZCG managed funds invest, the communities in which they operate, and the world at large. At ZCG, we have a long-term practice of using ESG factors in our investment management strategy and believe that attention to such factors makes good business sense.
As a signatory of the UN-supported PRI, ZCG pledges to uphold the PRI’s six Principles for Responsible Investment:
- Incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes;
- Be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices;
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest;
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry;
- Work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the principles;
- Report on our activities and progress towards implementing the principles.